Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Road

  I travel a good bit for my job, so I have been on the road for the past week. I always enjoy the Dallas/Ft. Worth area or DFW, and I am always finding places that I didn't know existed. I love going to DFW for the food. The first place I got to visit was Boston's Pizza. I've mentioned that before? The Sicilian? Addiction? What? Yea, so what?


The Ultimate in Pizza.


This is the personal sized pizza, but the XL pizza that can feed 3 adults is glorious.

  My other reason for loving to go to DFW is that I get to meet up with my best friend Michelle! After a long day of work for both of us, we met up for desert, her favorite. We ended up meeting at BJs Brewhouse for some tasty deserts. Coffee, Cokes, water, and sugar were had by all (no alcohol for those of you who were worried).  She and her man-friend Daniel had a huge chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on top and I had a beignet with ice cream, strawberries, and cinnamon.


  I thought about taking an "after" picture, but who wants to look at an empty plate? Sorry, for the shadows, but restaurant light is hard to work with, and busting on my huge camera to take pictures of food isn't great table etiquette. 


Michelle and I. Yea friends.


  I didn't realize that this picture was so blurry when I took it. Oops. Getting to visit with your friends and family when  you are on the road makes traveling so much better. And it helps my attitude about being away from home. :)

  I found my battery charger for my camera, by the way. It was one of those things where I asked God, "I have no idea where the charger is, but you do. Would you let me know where it is?" A few days later God said, "Check your back pack." Low and behold that is where it was. Thank you God, for knowing the number of hairs on my head, and where my camera battery is located. You are even in the small things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment