Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Away

  My husband and I both got Monday off, so we took the opportunity to steal away to DFW for the weekend. I was beyond excited to leave town together as both of our work schedules involve after hours devotion. My husband is so sweet that he let me do everything that I wanted to do for the weekend. Mostly, that meant eating a lot of great food, and going to Banana Republic Outlet (only the greatest store in the world).

  First stop was the Grapevine Mills Mall to shop! My husband told me to take my time at BR while he wandered over to the video game store. After that was one of my favorite places to eat La Madeleine. My husband and I love fireplaces, so we tried to snag a table close to the hearth.


And the Husband and I at La Madeleine. It took us a couple of tries to get a good one of both of us.


After dinner we went to a French bakery in downtown Grapevine called Main St. Bread Baking Co. We found this little place a year ago before attending a friend's wedding. 


If you love desserts then this is the place to go. Check out your options.


My husband opted for Creme Brulee and a white chocolate mocha. I chose cheesecake and regular coffee.


  For Sunday lunch we got to have lunch with my best friend, Michelle, and Boston's Pizza. The Sicilian pizza loaded with sausage, ham, tomatoes, pepper, and onions was delicious. All in all it was a great weekend. Hope yours was as great as mine!  



No comments:

Post a Comment