Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Putting the Pieces Together

  Right before I left to go out of town for business we bought a coffee table set from Kirkland's at a great price. I was really surprised that Husband actually liked it, as he keeps me on my toes about his design sense. I posted a picture of the set a few posts back. Well, they only had the floor model and they wouldn't let me take that home, so we had to wait until the following Thursday to pick it up. Husband waited until I got back on Friday so that we could assembly the pieces together as a married couple. Awww.

  Now that the pieces are put together it's all about making the living room look good. The new pillows add some flare, but it needed more. Since today is a snow day I thought I would put the living room together to see how it looked.


I kept our large couch at my old roommate's house after I got married. Husband already had a couch, but I had a set, so we sold his, and kept mine. We just recently moved it from her house to our apartment. I love having the couch back. It is the perfect place to nap. Since the couch moved in, we moved the club chair to the bedroom to try to make a reading nook. And that's the new coffee table and end tables.


Husband got this book for Christmas, and that is a favorite vase of mine.


Here's a close up of the iron work that hangs above the couch.


A view of the whole living room. I think we need a rug and some curtains to go over the window. Since it's a snow day they would have really come in handy to block out some of the cold that the wind sends searing through the window.


And another view of the coffee table. My family are big blanket people, so no living room is complete without a basketful of blankets. They're hidden behind the end table between the love seat and couch.

We've also made a few changes to our bedroom and were finally able to hang our pictures that we bought at Mont Martre last summer when we were in Paris. 


This is Husband's painting. A bit nicer and a bit more expensive. One of Husband's favorite places in Paris is Notre Dame, and if you have ever been there you can understand why. The stain glass windows are a gorgeous example of French craftsmanship, and its overwhelming to be in the church. I honestly don't know how anyone would be able to focus on worshipping in the sanctuary with so much artwork to gaze upon.  


And this is the water color that I picked out. The Eiffel Tower was one of my favorite things about Paris, so I really wanted a painting of it. This water color was just so sunny that I couldn't refuse. I feel that it really captures the elation that I felt when I first saw it. 


  So these are just a few changes that we are making at the apartment. I hope you like them; we sure do. Enjoy your snow day if you have one. 

   - Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment