Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back Home

  After days of snow and a few more days of traveling on the road, I am back home. The thing that I love about traveling is that there is always a new experience. My most interesting experience of this past trip was quite shocking to me. My husband and my good friend, Meredith, say this always happens to me, and it seems, only to me.

  I was sitting at La Madeleine waiting for my to-go order and browsing the internet on my phone. I had my legs cross so my left foot stuck up in the air a little bit. A voice says, "I love your boots." I look up, and low and behold there is a man in scrubs (I really hope he was a doctor) who was staring at my feet.

He continues, "You know, I had a pair of boots like yours once, except the toes were much pointier. Did you know they make boots that are pointier than yours?"

"No, I wasn't aware of that."

"Yea they sure do." The Doctor-Man proceeds to tell me all about hit old pair of pointier boots while touching my foot! A complete stranger came up and started touching my foot to demonstrate how much pointier his boots were and where his boots had creases and cracks. I was so taken aback all I could do was laugh. Lesson of the day for those who are in the medical profession: even if you are a doctor please do not touch the feet of people you do not know or are not in your office seeking medical attention.

  My favorite part of the trip was meeting a dachshund named Molly in the elevator. My husband is a sucker for dogs in general, but especially dachshunds.

   - Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment